Dillingham can bewitch and conjure a range of emotions from his violin... The music becomes the most intriguing and seductive aspect of the production.” Dillingham's solo performance in Phra Lor at Bangkok's Patravadi Theater.
The Bangkok Post
A Lifetime of Music
Kyle Dillingham, of Oklahoma City, started playing the violin when he was nine. While still in high school, Dillingham was featured twice on Nashville's Grand Ole Opry and had performed with legends Roy Clark and Hank Thompson. He later went on to receive his bachelor's degree in instrumental music performance from Oklahoma City University.
Dillingham has taken his music to over 30 countries earning him the title of "Oklahoma's Musical Ambassador."
He has performed for the King of Malaysia, the Princess of Thailand, Beijing Central Conservatory (broadcast on Chinese national television) and Singapore's National Day Celebration. Dillingham has also performed for many government leaders including the Japanese, Thai and Saudi Arabian Ambassadors.
Furthermore, as the Musical Ambassador in Residence at the University of Central Oklahoma, Dillingham uses his "musical diplomacy" to help develop and strengthen new overseas partnerships for the university.
Collaborating with Edmond composer, Callen Clarke, Dillingham has championed the premiere of eight new works with symphony orchestra in the last 5 years as a part of their project: SymphonicRevival.com.
He has been soloist with the Taipei Symphony Orchestra, the Amici New York Orchestra, the Oklahoma City Philharmonic, the Enid Symphony Orchestra, the Oklahoma City University Orchestra, the UCO Symphony Orchestra and Chamber Orchestra and the Oklahoma Community Orchestra.
Kyle Dillingham is proud to be playing Glasser Bows exclusively.
Awards & Recognition
- Journal Record's Achievers Under 40 Recipient
- OKC Biz and Oklahoma Magazine's Top 40 Under 40 Recipient
- Edmond Sun's Business Times named Kyle one of their Top 20 Under 40
- Oklahoma Creativity Ambassador
- Oklahoma's Musical Ambassador
- Oklahoma Governor's Arts Award 2009 Recipient
- 405 Magazine Best of OKC Award for Best Local Musician 2016 Recipient
- 405 Magazine Best of the 405 for Best Ambassador Who Makes You Proud To Be An Oklahoman 2017
- 405 Magazine Best of the 405 for Best Local Musician 2017 Recipient